On Air Now More Weekends Midnight - 10:00am
Now Playing Cheap Trick Surrender

Cigarette Sparks Apartment Fire in St. Catharines

June 13, 2019

By: Marcie Culbert

No one was hurt after a third-floor apartment caught fire on Towering Heights Boulevard in St. Catharines.

It happened Saturday afternoon and resulted in about $10,000 in damage, which was contained in the one apartment unit and the balcony.

An improperly discarded cigarette sparked the blaze. Officials say it was not properly extinguished and the ashtray was full.

Firefighters say you should make sure you completely butt-out whenever you finish smoking.