Cooking Fire Causes Extensive Damage in St. Catharines

June 18, 2019

By: Marie Cassidy

Never walk away from what's on the stove.

That's the message from Acting Fire Chief Jeff McCormick after a kitchen fire in St. Catharines.

Unattended cooking is to blame for the blaze at a family home over weekend.

It happened Friday afternoon on Ida Street and the fire left extensive damage.

No one was hurt, but the damage is estimated around $125,000.

Brother Down Sam Roberts Playing Now
Recently Played